"Retail Environment" Please respond to the following:
• Congratulations! You have been named the Retail and Wholesale Expert of the year! Watch the video titled, "The Future of Retail" (8 min 17 s) located athttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t49JkakYAoE. Next, use the Internet to research the current climate for retailers and wholesalers. Describe the major opportunities and challenges retailers and wholesalers can expect to encounter in the coming year.
Go to the three retail web sites and shop for the same or similar product. For example, if I were shopping for a pair of jeans, I would try to find similar jeans at three different retailers. I might view GAP, J. Crew, and Levi because they all offer about the same quality and target similar markets. Answer the following questions in a 2-3 page Journal Entry based upon your visit to the websites:
1. Identify the product you are shopping for, the retailers you chose and why.
2. Analyze the three websites based on the following criteria:
a. product quality
c. suggestive selling
d. website features
e. design of website
f. ease of website use
g. closing of the sale
3. How do you compare your experience shopping on the Internet to shopping in a local store for this type of product? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet shopping experience?
4. Which one of these sites would you use? How have the attributes of the website lead to your choice?
• Include a brief introduction and conclusion to your paper.
• List any references used, including your textbook
• Proof read to ensure that you are using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc.