Assignment: Concept Analysis Paper
Do not include an abstract with this paper.
The purpose of this paper is to analyze a concept that is relevant to your nursing practice about quality of life.
• Introduction- Briefly introduce the concept paper by defining the concept, providing background information on the concept, your rational for analyzing the concept, and identify the aim of the analysis.
End the introduction with a purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to...).
• Literature Review - Review the literature on the use of the chosen concept in nursing and at least two disciplines other than nursing. Compare and contrast the following among the three disciplines:
o Definitions for the concept in each discipline and how each discipline uses the concept.
o Identify the key characteristics or attributes of the concept. For example, a key characteristic of the concept of pregnancy is a fetal heartbeat.
o Identify the antecedents and the consequences for the concept. Antecedents are incidents leading to the concept. For example, the antecedents of pregnancy are ovulation and sexual intercourse. Consequences follow the concept. For example, the consequence of pregnancy is either miscarriage or birth. o
o Identify empirical referents of the concept.
• Cases- Develop two cases using the attributes that you identified during the review of the literature. Include one model case and either a contrary, related or a borderline case.
• Conclusion- Completely summarize your thoughts without introducing new content.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.