Assignment: Plan for Legal and Ethical Issues
In this assignment you will develop a summary of key legal and ethical issues potentially facing an international start-up manufacturing company.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, research key legal and ethical issues related to manufacturing companies in U.S., Europe, and Asia. Select approximately 4-5 scholarly sources for use in this assignment.
As the business world becomes more globalized, many organizations now start in a home country with the knowledge that they will quickly expand to working in other countries. Assume you have been hired as a strategic HR consultant to help the owners of a start-up manufacturing company before they begin hiring their first employees. These owners know that their principal plant will be somewhere in the United States, but they are unsure of which state. Further, due to tremendous consumer interest in their product, they expect to expand quickly to include employees and customers within both Europe and Asia.
As an HR consultant you have been asked to identify any major legal and ethical concerns that the company may encounter while working in the U.S., Europe, and throughout Asia. In addition, you are asked to provide strategic policies the company could enact to manage these concerns. Please note the intent is not to catalog the laws or policies of each region, but instead to summarize legal topics that the owner should investigate before determining final plant locations. Also, suggestions for Europe and Asia should not be country specific. Research and document broad legal trends for each region and provide a listing of items that may be different from those in the U.S.
Develop a report summarizing key legal and ethical issues that the owners should be aware of as they determine their plant locations. Your document should specifically address the following:
• Identify major potential legal issues as they pertain to employees in the U.S.
• Examine 4-5 legal issues that differ based on employee location (comparing matters in both Europe and Asia to those in the U.S.).
• Identify key ethical issues as they pertain to employees in the U.S.
• Examine 4-5 ethical issues that differ based on employee location (comparing matters in both Europe and Asia to those in the U.S.).
• Present strategic policies to manage the selected legal and ethical issues.
Note, the company uses manufacturing plants in which workplace safety will be a top issue. Make and state any other assumptions about the nature of the company as necessary.
Your final deliverable should utilize approximately 4-5 scholarly sources in support. Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Write a 6-8-page report in Word format.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.