Write a 2 to 3 pages article review in which you discuss the legal issues brought against an employer and how the organization managed to recover from the charges brought against it.
An organization's public image is very important. The values and missions of the company serve as a statement to the public regarding how it seeks to operate. The company wants to avoid negative publicity about employment-related legal issues, like discrimination or harassment, because it can have a damaging effect on the organization's reputation. When this occurs, HR practitioners and managers need to identify an effective recovery strategy as soon as possible. This is important, because the company needs to limit any negative exposure, but also to ensure that the organization is operating according to its values and missions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
1) Competency 1: Implement the mission, vision, and values to impact organizational culture.
• Identify the legal issues.
• Discuss the effectiveness of the organization's approach to recovery.
2) Competency 2: Create strategies for recovery from exposure to liabilities.
• Describe the organization's strategies for recovery from exposure to liabilities.
3) Competency 3: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the human resource profession.
• Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the human resource profession.
Conduct research using the Capella University Library, a trusted Internet resource, or a business magazine or journal to find an article on the topic of a company experiencing legal issues related to workplace discrimination, unfair labor practices, or unethical behavior. This source should also describe the organization's approach in managing and recovering from the charges brought against it.
Then, write a 2 to 3 pages article review in which you discuss the following:
1) Identify the legal issues and the charges brought against the company.
2) Describe the organization's approach to managing and recovering from the charges brought against it.
3) Include your analysis of the organization's approach to managing and recovering from the charges. Identify whether you would or would not have handled the recovery using the same strategy, and include a supporting rationale.
Questions To Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
o Consider a situation in which you, or someone you knew, worked for a company experiencing employment related issues. What is your opinion on the company's approach to managing and recovering from the issues?
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
• The answer must be using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, typed, with one-inch margins on all sides.
• The response also includes a cover page containing the student's name, the title of the homework, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
• Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.