Assignment: The Policy Memo: A Preliminary Research
Your major assignment in this course is a learning assessment system assignment (LASA), and it is due in Module 5. In this LASA, you will write a policy memo to a government official on a public health topic of your choice. To prepare for this task, you will begin in this module by identifying your topic of interest and conducting preliminary research.
Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and Internet sources, research public health problems that can be solved using a policy approach. Then, do the following:
• Identify a public health problem that can be solved using a policy approach.
• Describe this public health problem and explain why it interests you.
• Identify the government official or agency (at the local, state, or federal level) to which you want to address your concerns and recommendations. Explain your choice.
• Provide evidence of the problem. Support your position with at least three scholarly references as well as other data from credible Web sites.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.