Compensation Strategy for Knowledge Workers
To prepare for this assignment, review Waring's article about employee compensation, which is also listed in the required reading section of the Unit IV Study Guide. Note: both links contain the same information; only one needs to be reviewed.
Waring, D. (2013). How to design an employee compensation plan [SlideShare slides].
Waring, D. (2013). How to pay employees - The ultimate guide.
You are the director of compensation for a midsized organization. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that justifies the implementation of a new compensation strategy that will support the motivational needs of knowledge workers and reinforce the real-time performance appraisal system that the organization has embraced. While your goal is to retain, motivate, and grow the current workforce of multi-generational knowledge workers, you must also justify to your senior management that this compensation strategy is competitive in the marketplace.
Your presentation should describe a compensation program for knowledge workers. The title of the knowledge worker's position is entirely up to you (e.g., sales executive I, systems engineer III, etc.). You may use various sources (including the lesson materials), but you must use at least one additional resource from the CSU Online Library. Include a reference slide, and cite any sources used in proper APA format. Your presentation should be a minimum of 12 slides in length-not counting the title and reference slides. You may also use the slide notes function to explain slide contents as necessary, but this is not required.
Be sure to address the questions below in your presentation.
• What is the compensation strategy being proposed?
• Did employees provide input?
• Who else provided input?
• What incentives are included in the plan? How will it motivate the employees?
• How will employees determine fairness of the pay structure?
• Why do you believe the employees will be satisfied with this plan? Justify the compensation strategy that supports the motivational needs of knowledge workers.
• What is your communication plan for rolling out the new program?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.