Assignment: Culture And Development Article Critique
Description: This assignment requires you to critique the piece of published empirical literature you chose. This article must be an original research study which focuses on culture and development.
Purpose: Since peer-reviewed empirical research is the backbone of psychology, students must become familiar with how to evaluate such research, so that they can consume and disseminate the research appropriately. This assignment will allow you to practice critiquing empirical research.
1. Select a recent empirical article published in the field of psychology. Be sure article focuses on some aspect of culture and development.
2. Read the article thoroughly, paying close attention to research questions and/or hypotheses, the method, results, and interpretations of the author.
3. Write the critique (see format below).
4. While I will not proofread papers, excessive grammatical, sentence structure and APA formatting errors will result in a deduction of points. Using your own words is also expected. You may not use, copy or paste anything from any source. This includes the article you choose. To do any of the above will result in a zero for the assignment and no possibility of making up the work.
Article: ON THE SHAPING OF AnACHMENT THEORY AND RESEARCH: AN INTERVIEW WITH MARY D. S. AINSWORTH (FALL 1994) by Mary D. S. Ainsworth and Robert S. Marvin.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.