Case Study: Industrialization
Industrialization will enhance your knowledge of the socio-economic infrastructure that began to emerge after the War of 1812. The transformation of transportation, communication, and mechanization made life in America easier. America was becoming a leading competitor in the global community while building an internal cohesiveness between the North, South, and East. The years between 1815 through 1860 was characterized by new inventions based on scientific discovery with mass production that used new power sources. Vast industrial centers were introduced with an increase in immigration that would eventually lead to labor reform and civil rights. A modern society was taking shape.
Construct the case study by responding to at least 3 of the following prompts:
1. Explain what scientific discoveries were made during this period and how did they contribute to industrialization?
2. What new power sources arose as a result of the scientific discoveries?
3. How was the power sources used, and what sources of power did they replace?
4. What new materials were developed?
5. How did the new material contribute to the new inventions?
6. How was communication revolutionized by industrialization?
7. Analyze how is another aspect of industrialization represented in the source?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.