Assignment: Ethical Considerations
Counselors have to consider many guidelines when working with clients. There are state laws to follow, policies and procedures within agencies or organizations, licensing rules issued by governing boards, and also established ethical standards.
In this assignment, you will explore some of the counseling skills and standards originating from ethical standards of practice.
In the last module, you accessed, downloaded, and read the ethical codes for counselors and sport psychologists. For this assignment, complete the following tasks:
• Search both the codes and define the following key concepts: confidentiality, power differential, and boundaries with clients.
• Search for each concept within the codes and define each concept. There may be more than one application for each concept. For example, there may be physical boundaries to maintain with clients as well as emotional and financial boundaries. Explore all aspects of the three concepts above.
• Then choose a specific population, such as child athletes or elite athletes, and discuss how these ethical standards are applied to the unique population.
Create a one- to two-page response in Microsoft Word.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.