Industrialization After the Civil War Final Paper
After the Civil War, the United States became a much more industrialized society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization improved American life in many ways. However, industrialization also created problems for American society. Consider events that took place after the Civil War and discuss ways that industrialization affected the U.S. between 1865 and 1920.
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you identify three main points relevant to your topic. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
Create a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
2. Discuss three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920. In your response, consider society, the economy, and politics.
3. Identify three (3) specific groups that were affected by industrialization and provide two examples for each group describing how the group was affected. (Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
4. Summarize how industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period. Use specific examples and details.
5. Use at least three (3) academic references
Your assignment should follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references should follow APA style or school-specific format.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are excluded in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes are:
• Identify and discuss the different ways that the heritage of slavery, the Civil War, the Reconstruction, and segregation have shaped America's history.
• Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
• Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
• Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.