Discussion-Accessible Technology Solutions
Access to technology is essential for success in today's business world. Many Americans use technology to overcome their disabilities and become fully productive contributors in the workplace. There are many technology solutions available for the disabled, in the United States and abroad.
View information on real-life cases and technology solutions at the following:
Steve Gleason: Eyes on the prize
• Surface Pro, Xbox help Washington man overcome life-changing injury | News Center
• Switching back to Windows | Marco's Accessibility Blog
• A Mother with Hearing Loss Is About to Learn about Microsoft's New Accessibility Tools - Microsoft Accessibility Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
• Ryan Asdourian: Blitz mode
• Blind and low-vision seniors dance and bowl with Microsoft Xbox games - Microsoft Accessibility Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Select two cases to examine for this assignment. Respond to the following:
1. Explain how technology has affected the lives of the individuals.
2. Describe any individuals with disabilities you have personally observed who have similar stories (maybe you have your own similar story). How has technology affected their lives?
3. Explain how technology has affected your life whether or not disability is a factor.
Write your initial response in 200-250 words.
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.