Assignment- SCM Case Analysis: Transportation And Warehousing
Create a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation to explain a selected company's transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders.
Supply chain managers coordinate all of the activities in the supply chain process into a seamless network. The transportation function of the supply chain focuses on the movement and delivery of goods and services in the supply chain network from suppliers to manufacturers to the ultimate consumers. Decisions must be made as to which mode of transportation is used to move products along with the type of warehousing systems that will be used. Many companies are choosing to outsource their supply chain to companies such as UPS.
For this assessment, consider that you work for a company that develops and sells case studies and case study analyses. Your company's primary customers are colleges and universities wanting to use them within their courses, but your company also has customers using them for management training and development. Your manager asked you to conduct research and develop a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation to explain your selected company's transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders. She's specifically interested in you creating the presentation associated with one of a small set of possibilities she provided to you. You may use the same company you selected in Assessment 3 or select a different company from this list:
• L. L. Bean.
• Johnson and Johnson.
Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation to explain your selected company's transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders.
You and your manager discussed the high level outline of your presentation and agreed you should address the following items. As the basis for your research you can use any of the resources noted in this course, in the Capella library, and on the Internet.
• Slide 1: List the presentation title, the selected company name, the date, and your name.
• Slide 2: Analyze and describe the overall transportation objectives of the selected company.
• Slide 3: Describe and evaluate the modes of transportation that the company uses to move products from factory to customers, and recommend improvements to the modes of transportation.
• Slide 4: Identify the locations of the factories and warehouses.
• Slides 5-6: Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the locations for the organization's factories and warehouses, and recommend strategies to mitigate the disadvantages.
• Slide 7: Analyze the economic and political factors that can impact their transportation and warehousing network.
• Slide 8: Analyze and describe how technology is used for managing the organization's transportation and warehousing network.
• Slide 9: Recommend improvements for the organization's transportation and warehousing network, and support those recommendations with examples and research.
• Slide 10: List at least three references.
You may use additional slides, if necessary. Provide your information as a bulleted list on the slides and insert explanations where applicable.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.