Assignment: What Is A Psychopath
This essay is basically over a real psychopath, and the actual traits of one. Also compares a psychopath and a sociopath. I think if someone is diagno to be a legit psycho path, than they are a threat to this world and therefore should not be let out of prison regardless of anything. With that being said, here are the actual directions of the essay. With THE READING ATTACHMENT BELOW.
Write a 2-3 page essay that addresses the following questions. Note that you do not need to go in any sort of order. Feel free to structure the paper however you'd like and discuss any impressions you had of the reading that are not prompted below, but make sure to also address each of the following prompts:
• What were your overall impressions of the reading? Were you surprised by any of the ways in which a psychopath was described? Is so, which ones? If not, why not?
• Why do you think that it is critically important to use the diagnostic tool for psychopathy mentioned in the textbook very carefully? Did you find it hard to resist the temptation to label someone you know or knew as a psychopath without clinical training? Do you think there might be problems with the checklist?
Now, for a tricky issue. As the reading mentioned, psychopaths that are released from prison are extremely likely to commit another crime. The reading also mentioned that there is a strong biological cause to psychopathy. Additionally, there is currently no medical treatment available for psychopathy. Given this information:
• What should we do when an individual is arrested, found guilty of a crime, and determined to be a psychopath?
• Do you think it would be justified to refuse to let them back into to society (i.e. keep them in prison), even if their crime was relatively minor (theft, drug possession, etc.)? Why or why not?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.