Assignment: Potential Problem
Formulating the Research Question, Problem Statement, Research Purpose
In the discussion forum you had an opportunity to present a potential problem and an innovative solution specific to your role specialization. In addition, you have reviewed the literature to identify qualitative and quantitative research articles and submitted annotated bibliographies to provide evidence supporting the problem.
Considering the feedback provided to you by the faculty member it is now time to prepare your problem statement, research purpose, and research question.
First share your refined problem and proposed solution (given your review of literature this may have changed depending on the evidence you were able to provide). Next, follow the steps to help define your research question.
1. Craft the problem statement and research purpose.
2. Design your research question aimed at solving (a part of) the problem and include the following components which will focus the literature review.
Patient, Population or Problem
1. What are the characteristics of the patient or population?
2. What is the condition or disease you are interested in?
Intervention or exposure
1. What do you want to do with this patient (e.g. treat, diagnose, observe)?
1. What is the alternative to the intervention (e.g. placebo, different drug, surgery)?
1. What are the relevant outcomes (e.g. morbidity, death, complications)?
2. Ensure that the research question is answerable, feasible and clinically relevant
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.