Assignment: Disorders Of The Sensory Systems
Select a disorder of the sensory system from this list.
• Anton's syndrome
• Balint's syndrome
• Gerstmann's syndrome
• central achromatopsia
• apperceptive agnosia
• associative agnosia
• object anomia
• alexia without agraphia
• hemispatial neglect
• phantom limb pain
• Capgras syndrome
• tactile agnosia
• cortical deafness
• pure word deafness
• receptive amusia
Conduct research and locate two peer-reviewed articles to support your statements. In your post
• Explain the symptoms of the disorder.
• Describe how the diagnosis is made (e.g., findings on brain imaging, laboratory testing, etc.).
• Discuss the neurobiological basis for the disorder (e.g., CNS structures involved and neurotransmitters).
• Describe the functional deficits associated with the disorder including how these may impact the patient's ability to carry out activities of daily living (e.g., occupational, social, recreational).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.