Assignment: Critical Legal Thinking
1. Your score will be determined using the Critical Legal Thinking Case. Read this rubric thoroughly BEFORE attempting this assignment. You should also consult the Critical Legal Thinking Case example attached in the announcements.
2. Your score will be determined by evaluation of your substantive content. Your analysis and solutions must be based on the principles of law, ethics, and business - not on your opinions. You MUST describe how application of the concepts in your reading apply to the key facts. Identify the large scale legal concepts that apply from the reading and then apply them to each party/situation in the fact pattern.
3. Key facts are those facts that determine if the principles of law are met. You must demonstrate that you recognize the key facts in this case. List the key facts individually. Do NOT simply repeat or retype the factual scenario.
4. The length of your response has no bearing on your score. There is no minimum or limit, however most responses will be between two and three substantial pages. Any assignment not submitted in PDF format will receive a letter grade deduction automatically. No exceptions.
Frank is the receiving dock supervisor for Cabinet Co., a company that manufactures metal storage cabinets. His job is to supervise the inspection, and stocking of components and materials used in the manufacture of the cabinets as they are delivered; and to so notify the accounting department so invoices can be timely paid. On June 1, the company received a shipment of casters used in the manufacture of rolling cabinets. This new shipment would not be needed for three weeks as there were plenty of casters located on the assembly line. The storage facilities where the casters would normally be placed were under renovation, and there would be no space to store this latest shipment of casters until June 20. Frank decided to leave the unopened boxes of casters in a secure and covered corner of the receiving dock. He did, however, notify the accounting department that the casters had been received. The accounting department paid the $8,000.00 invoice in time to earn the discount if paid within ten days.
On June 20 Frank had his workers open the boxes of casters to inspect then and place them in the appropriate space in the storage facility. Upon inspection it was determined that nearly all of the casters were defective and unusable. This caused the company to default on several contracts for rolling cabinets as it ran out of casters before it could secure replacements for the defective ones. Cabinet Co. was able to replace the casters at a 15% increase in cost.
Discuss Cabinet Co.'s remedies, duties and obligations with respect to the casters.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.