Assignment: Management Action Plan
An action plan is a written strategy used to achieve outlined goals. For the purposes of this assignment, the action plan will be created using PowerPoint. An action plan includes the components listed below.
1. State the goal, which should identify what training content will be used and how it will be used.
1. The goal for this action plan is to assist managers with identifying how performance appraisals are used to demonstrate the success of training efforts.
2. Include the strategies for reaching the goal including what the trainee must do, what resources will be needed, and the type of support from managers and peers that will be necessary.
3. Include the strategies for receiving the feedback, which will be used to demonstrate the success of the training efforts.
4. Define the expected assessment results and how the results can be used to improve training.
After the title slide, begin your action plan by stating the goal. Next, identify at least three strategies for reaching the goal. Briefly explain your chosen strategies with supporting data in the speaker notes section of the PowerPoint presentation. For the third part of the action plan, develop a 10-question survey that could be used to demonstrate the success of the plan. Conclude your action plan with a summary of the expected results and how the manager could use them to improve training.
This action plan should contain at least 12 slides.
Here are some general guidelines to follow when preparing your PowerPoint presentation.
• Design your presentation with the back of the room in mind. It is important that everyone can easily see and read the content.
• Select a professional-looking slide design appropriate for the presentation and audience.
• White text on a dark background is the easiest for the audience to see.
• Use a large font size.
• Use color and graphics when appropriate. Illustrations should relate to the content being discussed. Be creative.
• Follow the 6 x 6 rule (i.e., use no more than six lines per slide and no more than six words per line).
• Utilize the speaker notes function to add your talking points.
• Bullet points work best on the slides.
• Add slide transitions to enhance the audience's experience.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.