Assignment: Decoding Ethics- Psychology
Entire assignment should be 4-6 pages, plus a title and reference page
1. Discuss the difference between the General Principles and the Enforceable Standards.
2. Knapp, Handelsman, Gottlieb, and Vandecreek state that actions contrary to the Ethics Code may arise when psychologists apply their personal values to their professional activities. Describe how this may occur and what a psychologist can do to prevent this happening.
3. Moffett, Becker, and Patton (2014) stated that obtaining competencies is necessary to recognize ethical or unethical situations. Describe what a new therapist should do in order to limit the number of ethical mistakes they make in clinical practice.
4. Dr. Jones has received an order from a judge demanding that she turn over all psychotherapy notes related to a client she has been seeing in therapy. The order states that the notes must go to the attorney of opposing counsel. Dr. Jones' client has refused to sign a release of the psychotherapy notes. What ethical issues must Dr. Jones address and what steps must she take?
5. Multicultural ethical commitment requires a strong desire to understand how culture is relevant to the identification and resolution of ethical problems. Discuss how a psychologist can ensure that they make culturally ethical decisions.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.