Assignment: BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
According to The Institute for Health Care Improvement (2006), "Continuing Education (CE) is a vehicle for spreading best practices and how to improve patient outcomes." In short, continuing education assists with keeping health care teams well-informed of current research, laws, regulations, and practices in the fields in which they practice.
Massoud M. R., Nielsen, G. A., Nolan K., Schall, M. W., Sevin. C. (2006). A Framework for Spread: From Local Improvements to System-Wide Change.
Review the following literature:
Belliolio, M. F. & Stead, L. G. (2009). Continuing Education Meetings and Workshops: Effects on Professional Practice and Health Care Outcomes. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 53(5). 685-687. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Filipe, H. P., Sliva, E. D., Stulting, A. A., Golnik, K. C. (2014). Continuing Professional Development: Best Practices. Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology. 21(2), 134-141.
Based on your research of professional literature and the literature above, in a 3- to 4-page scholarly evaluation essay:
1. Identify and describe the positive implications of Medical Research and Education.
2. Explain the importance of continued education for health care professionals.
3. Explain benefits of organizational/departmental training and staff development.
4. Identify two current issues/problems in health care organizations and explain from a health care administer perspective how they could have been avoided with proper education.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.