Create a 1400- to 1750-word paper nominating a 20th century or 21st century whose work or artistic contributions stand out in your mind as genius. Your nominee must have a body of work that falls into one of the categories we have been discussing in this class: art, architecture, literature, music, or philosophy. Under the umbrella of the visual and performing arts, you could also choose a dancer/choreographer, actor/actress, photographer, or filmmaker, for example.
The paper should include the following:
• An explanation of how you understand and define 'genius' and why the person you selected is worthy of special recognition
• A brief synopsis of the individual's life and times
• A survey of the ideas or artistic works recognized as reflecting genius. Your paper should identify at least 3 specific examples of the individual's ideas and/or artistic works recognized as reflecting genius.
• An appraisal of the individual's impact on the arts and culture
• An assessment of whether the individual's contributions are likely to continue influencing artistic and cultural development
You must Cite at least three references in writing this paper.