Reactions of the citric acid cycle:
In the cycle and the reactions there are eight steps. They are as follows:
1. Formation of citrate:The cycle’s 1st reaction is the condensation of acetyl CoA along with oxaloacetate to create citrate, catalyzed via citrate synthase. This is a fixed reaction.
2. Formation of isocitrate via cis aconitate:The enzyme aconitase catalyzes the citrate’s reversible transformation to isocitrate, by the intermediary creation of cis aconitate.
3. Oxidation of isocitrate to a-ketoglutarate and CO2In the subsequently step, isocitrate dehydrogenase catalyzes oxidative decarboxylation of isocitrate to make -ketoglutarate.
4. Oxidation of α-keto glutarate to succinyl COA and CO2: The next step is other oxidative decarboxylation, where α-ketoglutarate is transformed to succinyl COA and CO2 via the action of α -ketoglutarate dehydrogenase complex. The reaction is cannot be reversible.
5. Conversion of succinyl COA to succinate:The product of the previous step, succinyl COA is converted to succinate to carry on the cycle. GTP is created in this step (substrate level phosphorylation). The enzyme that catalyzes this reversible reaction is called succinyl CoA synthetase or succinic thiokinase.
6. Oxidation of succinate to fumarate:The succinate created from succinyl CoA is oxidized to fumarate via the enzyme succinate dehydrogenase
7. Hydration of fumarate to malate:The reversible hydration of fumarate to malate is catalyzed via fumarase.
8. Oxidation of malate to oxaloacetate:The final reaction of the citric acid cycle is, NAD linked malate - dehydrogenase that catalyses the oxidation of malate to oxaloacetate.
Latest technology based Biology Online Tutoring Assistance
Tutors, at the www.tutorsglobe.com, take pledge to provide full satisfaction and assurance in Reactions of the citric acid cycle homework help via online tutoring. Students are getting 100% satisfaction by online tutors across the globe. Here you can get homework help for Reactions of the citric acid cycle, project ideas and tutorials. We provide email based Reactions of the citric acid cycle homework help. You can join us to ask queries 24x7 with live, experienced and qualified online tutors specialized in Reactions of the citric acid cycle. Through Online Tutoring, you would be able to complete your homework or assignments at your home. Tutors at the TutorsGlobe are committed to provide the best quality online tutoring assistance for Biology homework help and assignment help services. They use their experience, as they have solved thousands of the Biology assignments, which may help you to solve your complex issues of Reactions of the citric acid cycle. TutorsGlobe assure for the best quality compliance to your homework. Compromise with quality is not in our dictionary. If we feel that we are not able to provide the homework help as per the deadline or given instruction by the student, we refund the money of the student without any delay.
Start Excelling in your courses, Ask an Expert and get answers for your homework and assignments!!