Assignment: Managing Global Financial Issues
Complete two problems related to strategically managing global financial issues. The problems focus on currency appreciation and exchange rates.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment guide criteria:
Competency: Strategically manage global financial environment.
1. Calculate currency appreciation rates.
2. Calculate cross rates in foreign currency.
For this assessment, complete Problems 1-2, applying the necessary knowledge to strategically manage global financial issues. You may need an HP 10B II Business Calculator to complete the following problems. You may use Word or Excel to complete the assessments throughout this course, but you will find Excel to be most helpful for creating spreadsheets.
Problem I: Currency Appreciation
Suppose that 1 Euro could be purchased in the foreign exchange market today for $0.25. If the Euro appreciated 10 percent tomorrow against the dollar, how many Euros would a dollar buy tomorrow?
Problem II: Cross Rates
Assume the exchange rate between US dollar and Indian Rupee is 60 Rupees = $1, and the exchange rate between dollar and British pound is 1 Pound = $1.5. What is the exchange rate between the Rupee and pound?
Format your assignment according to the give formatting requirements:
1. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.