A hospital in a religiously and ethnically diverse community invites local religious leaders, including those belonging to religions with significant health-related beliefs and practices, including Judaism, Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormonism), and Roman Catholicism, to participate in a panel discussion on religion and health care practices. The panel is asked various questions about health-related beliefs and practices such as diet; medications; medical procedures; practices related to birth, reproduction, and death; religious organizational infrastructure for visiting the sick; healing rituals; specific needs during illness and hospitalization; and other health-related issues.
• Are spirituality and religion the same? Explain the rationale for your answer.
• What is meant by ethnoreligious beliefs and practices? Provide an operational definition using your own words.
• How are a client's religious and cultural practices interconnected?
• What scientific evidence is there that clients' religious beliefs and practices influence their overall health, prevent or alleviate certain diseases, and/or contribute to longevity?
• How does your knowledge of a client's health-related cultural beliefs and practices influence your nursing care for him or her?
• Explain public policy, private policy , health policy, social policy, organizational policy.
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.