Molecular Biology Questions
TRUE "or" FALSE Questions
1. mRNA degradation pathways in bacteria are the same as in eukaryotic cells.
2. Trans splicing relations involve small snoRNAs.
3. U1 U2 U4 U5 U6 snRNAs are all involved in transcript editing.
4. Virusoids and viroids form a hammerhead ribozyme structure that has self cleaving activity.
5. Polycistronic transcripts are commonly found in both eukaryotes and prokaryotes.
6. Ribozymes have various catalytic activities with reactions that follow classical enzyme kinetics but with low catalytic rate.
7. AU-rich elements are common destabilizing elements in prokaryotic mRNAs that are bound by a variant of proteins.
8. In eukaryotic cells both histone modification and chromatin remodeling are essential for repair of DNA damage in chromatin.
9. Photoreactivation is a non mutagenic DNA repair system that acts specifically on pyrimidine dimers.
10. Base excisions repair of bases damaged by alkylation or determination involves a number of proteins and enzymes including XPA, RPA, TFiiH.