You are the boss for a public administrative agencyand it is your job to complete a job description for a position that reports to you. Go to the Internet and search for your dream job (or at least a job that interests you) as a public administrator. Take the details of that job description and insert them into a word-processing application.
The next step is to create a detailed section of the job description about ethical responsibilities. As the boss, identify at least ten ethical skills (or responsibilities) that a candidate must have to be successful in this position. Add a section to the job description and label it with the heading Ethical Responsibilities. Include the following criteria within the list of ethical responsibilities:
- The four levels of ethics
- At least ten responsibilities
- A description of each responsibility
- A description of how each responsibility has ethical implications
- A description of how each responsibility should be successfully performed
- The expectations of honor
Use their existing responsibilities if you cannot think of additional ones. However, be sure to elaborate on the ethical implications and how the responsibilities should be successfully performed.
Add another section to the job description and label it with the heading Accountability. Include the following criteria within the list of accountability responsibilities:
- Describe how the position is held accountable for the responsibilities (consider the position's boss).
- Describe how the position holds other public administrators accountable.
- Describe how the public holds the position accountable.