Problem: Film or Television
Students will choose a film, TV series, or single episode of a TV series and create a 500 to 750 words post describing, analyzing, and evaluating the visual text. Films or television programs discussed cannot be part of assigned cultural content.
To achieve core area objectives, students will be asked to pay special attention to the following questions:
1) How does what you have learned from class apply to the cultural object? (Critical Thinking)
2) In what way does the production of the cultural object affect the final product? (Critical Thinking)
3) How is the artist/author/musician/actor/director/etc. (artist for short) positioned in society (race, class, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, disability)? (Social Responsibility)
4) How does the artist's position in society affect the production, consumption, interpretation and reception of the object? (Social Responsibility)
5) How does the object represent an ethical position? If an ethical position appears to be missing, what could be the reasons that it is missing? (Personal Responsibility)
The response should include a reference list. One-inch margins, Using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, double-space and APA style of writing and citations.