Assignment: Project: Stage II-Secondary Analysis of Archived Data (SAAD)
TOPIC:HIV/AIDS IN LOWER INCOME COMMUNITIES
Data sets often are compiled for the purposes of original research or recordkeeping. Researchers, such as those in the field of public health, may choose to do their own original research. This prospective research might be quantitative or qualitative. It might take the form of self-reported surveys or many other types of research.
However, not all researchers have the time or the budget to conduct their own thorough research. Instead, they might have to use preexisting data. However, not all databases are collected for research purposes. The data may have been collected for recordkeeping. Either way, researchers might find such databases germane to their own research and research questions. This fresh analysis of existing data in order to answer a research question is considered secondary analysis of archived data (SAAD). A SAAD is a retrospective study and is usually quantitative; however, there is a trend to conduct SAADs with qualitative archived data.
Three essential questions about the database relating to study feasibility must be answered before proposing or initiating a SAAD:
1. Will I have access to the data to conduct the analysis? (Some databases are in the public domain, whereas others are privately owned and require that permission be obtained from the owner to use.)
2. Does the database include the variables of interest for my study? (Are the variables that I want to explore or analyze actually included in the data set?)
3. Can the validity and integrity of the data be verified?
Identify local and national health-related data sources related to your Final Project. You may use data that are maintained and collected by a community based organization but that have not been analyzed. You may use any available data set to which you have access. You are also free to use any statistical software with which you are familiar.
Submit a 2page paper in which you:
· Explain how the data set relates to your Final Project.
READ NOTE BELOW ABOUT FINAL PROJECT IN THE FUTURE
Develop a proposal for a health education intervention that addresses a health problem identified in a particular community or conducting a research project using primary or secondary data
· Evaluate the data set for validity and integrity. Explain whether the data are valid and reliable and justify your response.
· Explain possible strategies for overcoming the limitations of the secondary data.
· Explain the process for selecting a data set and determining its integrity. Provide a rationale for your answer.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.