There are differences between the juvenile and adult court systems. In this assignment, you will choose a criminal case study of your choice or you may use one from the Chronline Website. You will read and summarize the case involving the adult. Then you will examine the case from a different perspective -considering how this case would unfold differently if a juvenile had committed the crime.
Read the case information and write a two to three (2 to 3) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize the facts of the case.
2. Examine how the procedure would be different if the defendant(s) were a juvenile at the time that the offense was committed.
3. Identify and discuss how juvenile proceedings differ from adult criminal proceedings, and discuss the differences between an adult and a minor being charged with the same crime.
4. Define the waiver process of transferring a juvenile into the adult court system.
5. Assuming that the defendant in your selected case was a minor being tried as a juvenile, make recommendations for disposition and support your recommendation.