Step 1. Using the Theories and Models for Developing Effective Instruction and Assessment Practices for ELs document, develop a lesson plan with a formative assessment utilizing the examples and principles provided in the document, starting with slide 9 to slide 34. Specify the standards, the content, and the grade level you are teaching in this lesson.
Step 2. In your Word document, specifically highlight evidence of and mark in your document the guiding principles:
1. Lesson is rigorous and grade appropriate
2. Deliberate and appropriate scaffolds for ELs
3. Lesson develops conceptual understanding and language competence in tandem
4. Lesson equips EL students with strategies to foster autonomy
5. Lesson leverages first language knowledge and skills
6. Lesson considers prior knowledge and skills
7. Assessment task accommodations for this lesson are consistent with the instructional accommodations provided in the lesson
Step 3. Prepare and submit your lesson in a Word document format. Prior to submitting, ensure that your document is clearly marked to show evidence of all seven guiding principles. If all seven principles are not clearly highlighted and named, the assignment will be considered incomplete.