Required Textbook: The Sage Guide to Writing In Corrections; Steven Hougland and Jennifer M. Allen
Answer the Questions for Consideration at the end of Chapter. APA formatting.
Questions for Consideration
1. Why is style an important aspect of writing in criminal justice? Include a discussion of narrative and descriptive writing and tone.
2. Define point of view. What are first person and third person points of view. What is the preferred point of view (if agency policy permits)?
3. What is jargon? List three to five examples and alternative words that are easier for the audience to understand.
4. Define the audience for corrections reports and the importance of writing for this audience.
5. Partner with a student and review the section on describing jewelry. In narrative form, describe the student's jewelry as an officer would for an evidence report.
Please follow the following guidelines:
1. Does your response directly answer each part of the assignment question(s)?
2. Does your response clearly show you have read and understand the lesson content by correctly defining key terms, key persons and summarizing concepts? Have you made inferences based on this knowledge to personal or modern-day applications?
3. Have you clearly state analysis and give examples to back them up? Does your response provide analysis to the larger concepts of the lessons?
4. Do you write clearly, in complete sentences, with minimal errors in grammar and spelling? Did you use the APA Method of Citation where needed?