Choose a business policy (e.g., No Smoking Policy, Dress Code, Sexual Harassment) to analyze. I prefer that you choose a policy where you work or have worked in the past. Conduct research to find the information below and order your project in the following manner:
I. Explain why you chose the policy
II. Why is this policy important to the organization your chose and/or society
Provide the historical context of the policy (i.e., why the policy came about). Be sure to explain the historical context with regard to society and the business you chose. Please explain if there were specifics reason it was adopted at the organization you chose.
2. Analyze and evaluate the policy
I. Nuts and bolts of the policy (i.e., specific details of the policy)
II. Implementation of the policy at the company you chose (i.e., how were employees informed, trained, etc.)
i. If good (how can the policy be enhanced)
ii. If bad (how can the policy be revised)
3. Policy Impact.
I. Take a comprehensive look at the impact of the policy outcomes and discuss the impact at each applicable level, as it pertains to your company.
i. Company Level
ii. Employee Level
iii. Community Level
iv. Other stakeholders if applicable
I. Summarize and provide your own personal conclusions (based on your research) about the policy, its implementation, impact, and future in your chosen organization.
• Written and submitted in Microsoft Word format. Do not submit a PDF or paste text into the submission location in Blackboard.
• 5 to 6 pages of written content (not including your cover page and references)
• Include charts and graphs as appendices, if applicable.
• Must use Times New Roman, 12-inch font, 1 inch margins all around, double-spaced. Follow the APA or MIA style guide for all other formatting, including in-text citations and the references/works cited page. You must properly cite your work!
• Although papers are submitted electronically, all papers must look professional (e.g., must have cover page, table of contents, section headings, and page numbers).
• The paper should be written in paragraph form with no bullet points in the paper.
• You should use multiple outside resources, in addition to our textbook and your own knowledge, to complete this project.