1) Present a clear, reasoned, well supported, clearly organized argument, demonstrating college-level writing skills.
2) Recognize writing as a process of developing, drafting, revising, and editing.
3) Conduct research appropriate to a narrowly specific topic, understanding how to find and evaluate the credibility of sources, incorporating information, concepts and ideas from outside sources through summarizing, paraphrasing, and quoting to develop strong, well-supported arguments, citing sources according to Modern Language Association guidelines.
4) Analyze text, recognizing the arguments presented, and construct an effective, argumentative or persuasive response, synthesizing information, concepts, and ideas from various sources and including that knowledge in effective, well-reasoned arguments.
5) Demonstrate understanding of acknowledged methods of critical thinking and analysis of literature.
6) Analyze a variety of literary genres in their social, cultural and historical context.
The response must include a reference list. Using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, double-space, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.