Option #1: Home Building Sales Reduction
You are the vice president of sales for a $30 million manufacturer of home building materials. The company employs 50 salespeople around the country to market the company's products to hardware stores and major building contractors. The CEO believes the company needs to cut costs and wants to reduce the sales force by 50 percent. You have been asked to come in and explain why that is a bad long-term strategy for the company.
- How would you advise the CEO reduce costs?
- How do you persuade the CEO that salespeople who are critical to the success of the company?
- How would you attempt to control the damage that may occur with a 50 percent reduction of the sales force?
- What would you suggest doing if one of the members of the sales team asked you whether it was true if the company was going to lay off 50 percent of the sales force?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
- Cite a minimum of three sources, two of which should be academic peer-reviewed, scholarly sources to support your responses-in addition to your textbook.
- Make sure you properly cite and reference your sources according to APA Requirements.
- Your paper must be clearly and well written using excellent grammar and style techniques. Be concise. Be logical. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.