Assignment: Ethnographer's Analytical Essay (Field Trip Report)
Length: Essay (2000 words) + Appendices inc. Field Journal (no word limit)
Task: The assignment allows you to demonstrate your ability to apply and use the research and theorising of others to understand a situation that includes your own travel experience. It is one of the cornerstones of this unit and MUST be undertaken.
There are three parts to this assignment:
1. Field Trip: You are required to be a tourist and do some travelling of your own. There must be an overnight component, and you must travel ideally at least 40 km from your present residence.
2. Field Journal: You are to keep and submit a field journal as an appendix to your analytical essay.
3. Ethnographer's Analytical Essay: You will have to write an analytical essay on the travel using relevant research and theoretical material. See Appendix E (A2 Ethnographer's Analytical Essay Feedback Sheet) for the assessment criteria for the Essay.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.