This week was an introduction to mythology and how it is viewed academically and in popular culture. The activities this week have focused on myths in different cultures around the world. In this assignment you will share what you learned.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
• How is the word myth used in popular culture?
o For example, what does the statement, "It's a myth" mean? In contrast, how is the word myth used in the academic context?
o After considering the definition in your readings and course materials, write a definition in your own words.
• What are the most common mythological themes across different cultures?
• Why do myths from different cultures around the world address such similar or universal themes? Do we see these same themes in today's myths?
o Think about how myths explain the unknown and the tribulations of humankind.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.