Create a new conference topic and include a meaningful subject heading for your response. We all have information needs, whether at home, at work, or at school. Think about your information-gathering process and then consider an information need you have had for a current or previous course, such as writing an academic paper or study group project. Answer the following questions:
1. When you researched this topic, where did you go to gather information (e.g., to a website, a friend, a library, or other resource)?
2. Why did you go to that particular resource? Is this typically how you do your research?
3. If you did not answer "library," do you use a library for your information needs? Why or why not?
4. Have you ever used the UMUC online library? Why or why not?
5. Watch Eli Pariser's Ted talk on Filter Bubbles. Filter Bubbles.
5a. After watching the Ted talk, reflect on the following: How do filter bubbles affect your research?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.