1. Consider a business in your neighborhood that you frequent and that you believe is particularly innovative in spite of the products or services themselves not being particularly high-tech. Using the definitions and notions from the text, explain what it is about the business and its operation that you believe makes it innovative?
2. Some argue that becoming too large is the root of the end of innovation. Many point to companies such as Microsoft, where the assertion is that the only real innovation that has happened in recent years has been through acquisition. Attack or defend the notion that getting too large usually stifles or kills innovation. Explain your answer using real businesses, and support your answer with recent articles, Web pages, or book citations.
3. Carnegie Mellon University's Software Engineering Institute studies more than just software engineering. Its research into technology adoption and how to improve upon it is worthy of special note. The IDEAL model is an example of work that has broad implications far beyond software and system engineering. Compare and contrast the IDEAL model with the various models from the textbook. Focus on one aspect of the IDEAL model that you believe is particularly important, and explain why businesses trying to implement change should not ignore this aspect.
4. Dealing with resistance is an important part of any major change effort. It is common for one or more employees with excellent work history and great reputations to be rather vocal in their resistance to a change. Why might it be a mistake to ignore the resistance, or to sanction the resisters, in order to remove their resistance?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.