Research Paper Assignment
The Reemergence of measles and the public health response.
1. An important component of this course is the research paper. The research paper is a topic of your choice, but it must be related to the course material. Browsing the Table of Contents of your text is a good place to find inspiration. The topic must be approved by your instructor by the end of week 3. Failure to gain approval for your topic will result in a 10% deduction of the final grade.
2. The research paper should include an introduction of the topic, a body in which the topic is developed and references cited, and a well-defined conclusion.
3. Your paper must have a strong thesis statement. Your thesis is a statement (not a question or a topic) that describes what your paper will be about and provides a unique perspective.
4. You are required to have an abstract for your paper.
*I strongly suggest that, as part of your research, you take advantage of the university's online library link. There is a wide variety of resources there including many full text papers and articles. This may be of particular advantage to any of you who do not have traditional library resources available to you.
1. The paper must be a minimum of ten pages in length, not including the cover page, abstract, table of contents (optional) and reference pages. Charts, graphs, photos, drawings, lists and extended quotes* will not count against the pages of written text required. *Note: It is a rare instance that an extended quote is appropriate and most of the time they are considered non-academic.
2. References must follow the American Psychological Association (APA) guidelines for reference and bibliographic citation. If necessary, refer to Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ED). 2009 Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
3. You must use at least five academic bibliographic sources (in addition to any of the required course readings you may use). The University does not support the use of Wikipedia.com as a source for academic research papers.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.