Assignment: Ethical Theory And Management (Moral Analysis And Economic Outcomes)
Q.1 From a practical standpoint, can economic theory ever achieve complete social justice or must there always be winners and losers?
Q.2. According to Hosmer (2011), economic efficiency basically means spreading the wealth by keeping everyone informed so that everyone has equal chance for economic opportunity, etc.
Refer to the Goldman Sachs case pages 40 and 41 and discuss:
What motivations might have been at the root of why Goldman Sachs chose to disclose its analytical expectations to only some of its clients? What did they have to lose by disclosing the analytical information to all of their clients?
Q.3. Read case on British Petroleum pages 49 - 53.
Keeping in mind: "Moral Basis of Economic Theory", "Moral Claims of Economic Theory", and the "Pragmatic Objections to Economic Theory" discussed in chapter 2, please reflect on the various impacts (benefits and harms) that resulted from this case specifically:
• How did the perceived economic outcomes influence the ethical duties of management and leadership in this case?
• What measures could have been taken to ensure crisis prevention?
• What could leadership have been done differently to better manage the crisis?
• What were some of the ethical duties associated to this case - could management have done things differently to ensure safety?
• When a corporation harms its employees (members of society) as in this case, what can the corporation do to minimize the negative attitudes projected onto them from the community?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.