Assignment: Sexual Communication
Athena and Marcus have been dating for several months, and it is clear to both that they will soon be lovers. They are both excited and secretly a little worried about getting sexually involved. Marcus has only had one other serious girlfriend with whom he had intercourse, and she broke his heart. He is constantly worried about what Athena thinks and if she will cheat on him. He would have become sexually intimate much sooner if Athena had consented. Athena had some disappointing experiences with lovers who ignored her arousal needs and rushed her into intercourse. As a result, intercourse has usually been uncomfortable and she has never had an orgasm with a lover. She loves Marcus unconditionally and wants only to make him happy.
Although at first glance, this looks like a disaster waiting to happen, it is also potentially an opportunity for Athena and Marcus to experience both a deepening of their emotional relationship and a satisfying sexual encounter if they are both willing to talk about their concerns.
Given what you have learned from this module's readings and lecture, answer the following:
• What "love style" describes Marcus and Athena? Are they compatible?
• Describe how either of them can begin a conversation and voice their concerns before they become sexually involved.
• What reasons might hold both of them back from initiating such a conversation?
• Describe ways in which Marcus and Athena could additionally help each other explore their concerns and requests during and after their first sexual encounter.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.