The Strategic Management Process Model (SMPM) is an application of classic systems theory; that is, the model uses a systems theory backbone (inputs, transformation, outputs, and feedback) with decision theory to conceptualize how strategic management works.
Inputs include the mission, external analysis, and internal analysis. Transformation includes the application of decision theory to the prior inputs, in order to make choices that lead to the evolution of goals for the organization to pursue; the formulation of strategies to reach these goals; and strategy implementation. Outputs are the results.
In general, feedback loops link the strategic management process steps together for regulation purposes. A key role for feedback is to compare the outputs with the desired goals and rectify any gaps.
Select a business and include a URL that describes the company. Briefly profile the organization and conduct an analysis using the strategic management process model:
• What is the organization's mission? Which key external forces (i.e., opportunities and threats) are relevant?
• Which key internal factors (i.e., strengths and weaknesses) are relevant?
• Given these inputs, which key strategic goal has the organization set?
• Describe the strategy used to reach the goal. Comment on the strategy's implementation.
• What output has the organization produced?
• Does the output satisfy the organization's goal?
• If not, what adjustments do you propose to bring the output and the goal into coincidence?
To support this assignment, use at least three credible research references. At least two of these references must be outside materials not found in the course readings.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.