Assignment: Argument Worksheet
Select and review ONE of the following articles from Opposing Viewpoints in Context:
· Health Care Issues
· Compensation for College Athletes
· Technology and Society
· Social Media
Write a 25- to 50-word response to each of the following prompts:
1. What is the issue in the argument you selected?
2. Provide an unbiased explanation of all viewpoints or premises of the issue.
3. Which viewpoint or premise is weak or irrelevant? Explain why.
4. Is the argument inductive or deductive? Why?
5. What is the value of understanding multiple viewpoints before forming an opinion or argument?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.