The network layer is doing the service of a carrier such as the postal office, justify this statement by your answer.
a)What is a transparent switch?
b) Do you have a loop problem if there are redundant transparent switches to connect LANs with broadcast domains?
c) If your answer is yes, then explain loop problem with solution.
* Do not provide any drawings in your answers. Otherwise your work is awarded a zero mark.
What is the basic difference between IPv4 and ICMPv4?
Below are the details of an IPv4 packet:
1. 1st row = 1st 8 bits as (01000110) 2
2. 2nd row = M bit value of "0" and Offset value of "175"
3. 3rd row = 1st 16 bits as (0000011100010001)2
Based on the above information and knowledge of IP Datagram Header Format, answer the following questions:
1. What is the "Version Number"? Give reason for your answer.
2. What is the header length and how is it calculated? Is there any "option" Bytes? If yes, how many?
3. Which fragment is this: 1st or Last and why? What is the starting position of this fragment and why?
4. How many "hops" will the "received packet" travel? Give reason for your answer.
5. Which upper layer protocol is used? Give reason for your answer.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.