Case: "Mondelez International's Diversification Strategy in 2017: Has Corporate Restructuring Benefited Shareholders?" By JOHN E. GAMBLE.
The following assignment questions are here to help and guide you in analyzing the case and making recommendations. Pay attention to what these questions are asking for, find all relevant information in the case (read more than one time), and do not omit the financials (use the template for financial analysis).
1. What is Mondelez International's corporate strategy? How has its corporate strategy evolved since its independence in 2007?
2. What is your assessment of the long-term attractiveness of the industries represented in Mondelez International's business portfolio?
3. What is your assessment of the competitive strength of Mondelez International's different business units?
4. What does a 9-cell industry attractiveness/business strength matrix displaying Mondelez International's business units look like?
5. Does Mondelez International's portfolio exhibit good strategic fit? What value-chain match-ups do you see? What opportunities for skills transfer, cost sharing, or brand sharing do you see?
6. What is your overall evaluation of Mondelez International's corporate strategy and restructuring since 2012? What evidence and/or reasons support a conclusion that Mondelez International's shareholders have benefitted from the spinoff of the company's North American grocery business?
7. What actions do you recommend that Mondelez International management take to improve the company's performance and boost shareholder value?
Your recommended actions must be supported with convincing, analysis-based arguments.
Use concepts, theories and analytical tool that you have learned in this and other classes.
Your analysis will be assessed on the following criteria:
a) Strategic Issue Identification;
b) appropriately integrated material from across the curriculum;
c) correctly assess all relevant industry and environmental factors; (and
d) assessment of your proposed strategic recommendations.
These factors reflect your ability to adequately answer the questions in an acceptable manner.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.