Project Assignment: Expedia Group, Inc. Travel Agency
Key Products and Services
In this section you will discuss the different products/services that your industry provides. This is NOT about your company, but rather the INDUSTRY in which it operates. You need to go into detail about different levels of service (e.g. for f and b: quick service, fast casual, casual, etc.; for lodging: motel, limited service, full service, luxury, etc.). You need to discuss how each of these types/levels of product offerings differ from each other within your particular industry. What are some of the key differentiators between the different brands out there?
Size and Growth (+1 page - single spaced)
Again, you are not looking at "hospitality" but the subset of that industry to which your company belongs. Financial performance in this section deals with the industry and NOT analysis of your specific company - that will come in Section II. How has the industry done in recent years and what are the projections for the future. This is another opportunity to use a chart to show financial performance of the industry over multiple years. Do not deal with quarters but focus on annual performance.
Key items to include (written into paragraphs):
1. What % of GDP does this segment represent?
2. What have been the annual sales for the industry?
3. How many people does it employ?
4. How many rooms/restaurants/locations etc.?
5. How has it performed, grown, shrunk, etc. over the last 5 years?
6. What does the industry project for growth? More inventory? Less inventory? Growth/contraction?
Format your assignment according to the give formatting requirements:
1. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.