Directions: Provide short answers of 75- 150 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 250 words for your response. Use the textbook and any other scholarly resources to support your responses.
1. What does the term reliability mean in testing and assessment?
2. What does the term validity mean in testing and assessment?
3. Why is it important to have both validity and reliability?
4. In testing and assessment, what is norming?
5. Utilize your textbook to briefly explain each of the following concepts as they relate to psychological assessments/tests:
a. Standardized testing:
b. Non-standardized testing:
c. Norm-referenced assessments:
d. Criterion-referenced assessments:
e. Group assessments:
f. Individual assessments:
g. Scales of measurement:
1. Nominal Scale
2. Ordinal Scale
3. Interval Scale
4. Ratio Scale
h. Measures of central tendency:
i. Indices of variability:
j. Shapes and types of distribution:
1. Normal Distribution
2. Skewed Distribution
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.