Assignment: Introduction To Cultural Anthropology
• Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review the following Required Resources:
• Chapters 7 and 8 of the textbook
• What Makes an Urban Legend?
• ‘Duck Dynasty' vs. ‘Modern Family': 50 Maps of the U.S. Cultural Divide.
• Choose one of the following two options to address in this discussion. Be sure that your initial post meets the full length requirement of 300 words, and that you incorporate at least two of this week's required resources in your post, one of which should be the textbook. Include citations and a full reference to your chosen sources. (See the Required Resources page for all references in APA format).
• Option 1: Read What Makes an Urban Legend? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and address the following:
• In what ways have urban legends adapted over time, both in terms of the content of urban legends and the way in which the spread over time?
• What urban legends, folklore, or scary supernatural tales do you remember hearing about as a child?
• What kinds of urban legends have you encountered as an adult?
• How many counterintuitive elements exist in the urban legends and other tales that you have encountered?
• What strong emotions are evoked by these tales?
• Are there elements to these stories that deal with death and survival or both?
• What do you think urban legends will look like in the future?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.