1. What distinguishes each of the five generic strategies and why some of these strategies work better in certain kinds of competitive conditions than in others
2. The major avenues for achieving a competitive advantage based on lower costs
3. The major avenues to a competitive advantage based on differentiating a company's product or service offering from the offerings of rivals
4. The attributes of a best-cost provider strategy-a hybrid of low-cost provider and differentiation strategies
5. Whether and when to pursue offensive or defensive strategic moves to improve a firm's market position
6. When being a first mover or a fast follower or a late mover is most advantageous
7. The strategic benefits and risks of expanding a firm's horizontal scope through mergers and acquisitions
8. The advantages and disadvantages of extending the company's scope of operations via vertical integration
9. The conditions that favor outsourcing certain value chain activities to outside parties
10. When and how strategic alliances can substitute for horizontal mergers and acquisitions or vertical integration and how they can facilitate outsourcing
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.