The topic of this project is: Technology and criminology
Part 1: Reference summaries
What is your project topic? Describe your definition of technology as it relates to your project topic. In other words, what aspect of technology will you be examining in relation to your topic? (1-2 paragraphs)
What aspect of the social sciences impact or inform your topic? Explain how this topic informs what you are examining. (1-2 paragraphs)
Create a reference list of at least 5 scholarly sources that you will use in your presentation. References should use APA format (6th edition).
For this part of the applied project, you will use resources such as Google Scholar to:
· Locate 5 scholarly or credible sources on your chosen topic
· Locate at least 1 article that addresses your topic from the perspective of a different country or culture
· Locate at least 1 article related to policy (i.e. what policies exist, are being considered, or are needed to address your issue)
What is a scholarly or credible source? For this project rely on sources that have credibility. Appropriate sources would be articles written by experts in the field, articles found in peer-reviewed journals, published documents from well-known research groups (e.g. Pew Research), and reports published by government agencies (e.g. NIH, CDC). Inappropriate sources would include popular websites (e.g. about.com, ehow.com, Wikipedia) or media outlets (e.g. Fox, MSNBC, WSJ, NY Times, Forbes, etc.). These sources do not always accurately report their findings and are sometimes prone to bias. If a website or article fails to report the credentials of the author and does not provide citations for the information contained in the article, chances are it is not a scholarly source and therefore should not be used
Part 2: Presentation Progress Report
Your progress report should be 1-3 pages in length and include the following:
A well-written paragraph that states in detail what your topic is. Be sure to clearly link your topic to both technology and society/societal trends.
A well-written paragraph that identifies that you will be using a narrative PowerPoint slideshow for you presentation.Your presentation should be creative, engaging, and informative. Remember that you are assuming the role of a teacher to a college class. Think about your audience and how to present material in an interesting and clear manner.
A preliminary outline that shows what will you address in your presentation. You may provide an actual outline, or describe in words the approach you will take. Use the rubric for the final presentation to help you structure your outline. Your outline and presentation should include the following components:
• Define your topic, linking it to technology and society
• Trace the history of your topic
• Describe how your topic compares to at least one other culture
• Identify relevant policies related to your topic
• Discuss future trends related to your topic
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.