Assignment: Active Directory Audit Logs
Write a 2 to 2.5 Page paper in Microsoft Word answering the following questions regarding creating and analyzing audit logs in Microsoft Active Directory.
• Think about the challenges of getting all of the Active Directory audit policy settings right. For an infrastructure administrator, how important are these types of settings?
• What are the risks associated with logging too little data or not auditing the correct events?
• What are the risks associated with logging too many events?
• When the default configuration is to create audit logs, what impact can this have on security incident investigations?
• This was just a single domain with two systems on a local LAN. How much more complicated would auditing and log management be for 100 computers? What about an enterprise with 10,000 computers in several domains on their LAN/WAN?
• Consider a cloud-hosted Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment with many new, internet-accessible systems regularly being built and brought online. What challenges might there be managing audit policies and logs in such an environment?
• Finally, conclude this week's assignment with a page explaining how the tools and processes demonstrated in the labs might be used by an infrastructure administrator to help secure an environment.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.